I am a freelance translator with +12 years of experience in translation, editing, subtitling and typesetting. I am a native Arabic speaker with extensive cultural backgrounds. I hold a bachelor’s degree -4 years' university studies- in translation and editing from the Higher Institute of Languages in Egypt. I am a certified English<>Arabic translator from ATN-APTS and a Certified Pro in accordance to EN 15038 standards from ProZ.com. I am also an Associate Member in ATA, the American Translators Association.
I combine between actual experience and deep knowledge in each of my subject fields’ specializations.
- 10 years of experience in translation, localization and DTP.
- Familiar with a wide range of localization, translation and QA management tools and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in English language and Arts -4 years' university.
- Qualified Member of ITI (MITI)
- Proz.com Certified Pro according to EN 15038 standards.
- Certified from Arab Translators Network - Arab Professional Translators Society (ATN-APTS).
- Web Design Diploma from IBM.
Visit my profiles on professional networks:
I have studied translation and editing at the Higher Institute of Language sin Cairo, Egypt to hold my BA in Translation and Editing in June 2007 when I started my career as a full-time professional translator one week later.
I always consider the moment I obtained my MITI, as a Qualified Member of ITI after a very long and a tough test in 2015, as one of my best moments. Considering the very few number of MITI translators in my language pair (English into Arabic), I am always proud to highlight it.
Fully equipped with knowledge, experience and technology. I have MemSource, memoQ, Trados Studio 2015, Wordfast, MS Office, Adobe CS and much more, all licensed and all latest versions of these software..